Sunday, September 27, 2009

new job and busy sewing!

hiyall,
Quick hit and run post. I have a new job, its temporary but it pays well and I really like it. I am a Quality Assurance Product Inspector at QVC! big ass title! My number is 75, the year I graduated from high school (snicker).I work 10 hr shifts, 4 days a week. that give me a extra day off for sewing! yea! I have sundays off again so now I can teach at the shop! Last weekend I had 3 days off so I caught up on some much needed sewing therapy.




I found this tutorial at Happy Zombie This is a sweet little tote to make! takes 3 fat quarters! Once I figured out what to do, it went very fast! its lined with pockets on each side. I will be making a bunch of these for gran nieces for xmas! its approx 9 x 11. good size to tote portable sewing projects too!

I got the top done on the mystery quilt! The LQS where I sometimes work and teach at had a murder mystery weekend. This picture shows half the quilt, I dont have much wall space in my tiny Townhouse. I played a character names Sly Sleaze. Murder took place in a 30's speak easy. We had a blast. I have layer and basted this top and its ready to be machine quilted on my machine. I hope to get it done sometime this week. I really like this one. I do believe this one will be a keeper!
my plans today are to work on my sparkly pumpkins and get them ready for snail mail. I will be late sending them out but my sparkly friends will understand! I will post pictures when I get them done.
Keep On Stitch'n On!
(mauh) Liz

Sorry if you have received any SPAM mail from a Spammer BITCH DISA !!!in a cryptic computer fonts.
It has been reported and hopefully will be dealt with.

1 comment:

Latane Barton said...

Hi Liz,
Saw you got on my blog and wanted to say hi back to you. Yep, we're about neighbors.
The cultural arts center in suffolk has some really good programs. You can google them and find out what's available.
Where do you shop for your quilt supplies? We lost Lady Bugs in Suffolk. I miss it.