Thursday, October 15, 2009

woohooo! Sparkly Pumpkins are done!

hiyall,
the sparkly pumpkins are finally done! yea!!! they were due Oct 1 but I have been very busy with working a full time job and 2 part time jobs. Things have eased up a little and I got to work on these all day today. great rainy day project! I will get them out to the new owners on Monday. had a blast making these. the pumpkin and crow pattern came out of an old McCalls Quick quilts mag. I zig zagged the edges, use gold glittery tulip paint for sparkle and silk leaves for a 3-D look. Click on picture to see better details. The jack-o pattern is out of the lastest Fons and Porter magazine. I used 2 different size buttons for the eyes. pieces were fused and zig-zagged. I added a ceramic fall color leaf to each style. in my online exchange group of 12 (there are now more in the group, all from the pickle posse) 1/2 wanted fall, other half, included myself wanted halloween. this group is park of the sparkly chicken group from last summer.





I have recieved 5 blocks so far in the exchange, I will post pics when I get more. I had fun making these blocks, great diversion from training on new job and working other jobs inbetween. I wanted to stamp a dingbat on them as well but I couldnt find my stamp or the stamp pad....grrrrr dont you hate that?
Keep On Stitch'n On!
(mauh) Liz

2 comments:

soggybottomflats said...

Oh how I love those pumpkins! You are so talented and handy. Pop by for a giveaway and answer my question: what do I do with all those craft magazines? Take care, now go publish your patterns...I want to buy them! Hugs, Elaine

andsewon said...

Love your blocks!!
Hope things will work out for you so you can slow up some soon!
Chill in the air out here in the country damp and wet too!
House still a mess. Have not finished the GREAT CLEANOUT SORT for room redo!
Hope you can come visit once I am (if ever) done!!!!!