Monday, June 30, 2008

baby quilts are always a hit at a shower




hiyall,


I had a very busy weekend. I finished a baby quilt on saturday and presented it on sunday. I even had time to design and make a cell phone pouch as a shower game prize. this is a picture of the quilt I made. blocks are simple split 4 patches with 3 borders. the size is approx 32 square. She wants to hang on the wall in the nursery so I made it smaller than I usually make them. mommy wanted pink, I went thru my 2.5 blocks and pulled out all the white and pinks. I always add a narrow border of yellow for friendship. I have a picture of mommy and the quilt but blogger is not co-operating with me.
I had fun designing the cell phone pouch. I it was quick and easy. It has a magnet snap closure and an adjustable strap. Strap goes across the chest like a mini side pouch. I am seriously thinking about opening a store at the Etsy place. A website where people like me can sell things.
Its still inthe planning stages.
Keep On Stitch'n On!
(mauh) Liz

2 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Very nice was this also completed for the challenge????

Candace said...

I love the little cell phone bag, and the baby quilt turned out so cute. Great days work.