Thursday, November 4, 2010

One of my babies is having a baby!

hiyall,

I just finished a baby quilt for a friend whom I met when she was a newborn. now the newborn is all grown up and having babies of her own.
This first quilt is a quilt she tells me I made for her when she was a itty bitty. I dont remember making it for her but I do recognize the fabric. In fact I still have some of that fabric in my stash!
simple patchwork, layered, birthed and tied at the corners. no binding! this was made over 22 years ago. I was in the early stages of my quilt making :

the 2nd quilt is the one I am giving to her for HER baby! dang I feel old!


this quilt was easy to make. The pattern is a version of Bonnie Hunters Sticks and Stones. I took a charm pack and some yardage. The charm pack I used is call Peas and Carrots. Lots of orange and green, hence the name of the charm pack. I split each charm in 1/2 and added a 2 1/2 block to each rectangle. I 'stacked' the columns and added a narrow border (one inch finished) in yellow for friendship and a 2nd border 2 1/2 inch finished). I used mocked binding (1/2 inch finished)that matched the colors of the charms. quick and easy. Quilt is approx 32 in square.
I found my sock moneky charm pack! I will be making another baby quilt using that. The way my friends are reproducing, it wont be long before I find a home for it *snarf*
Keep On Stitch'n On!
(mauh) Liz

1 comment:

andsewon said...

Now how special is that ..she still has her baby quilt you made!!!!A very pretty 'new' one you did for her baby! I am saving my Sock Monkey Fat Qt bundle hoping soon T&S have good news. Try number 4 coming up.

Hugs,
Lola