Monday, July 28, 2008

Its a girl!




hiyall,


My co worker who received the cute pink quilt last month gave birth to a beautiful baby girl! Lily Reese was born last night about 1045pm. 20 inches long and a couple ounces shy of 8 lbs! when mommy left on the 15Th to go on maternity leave, we knew it wouldn't be long. She belly dropped big time right before she left. I know Lily's mommy is glad she has finally come into the world. Welcome Lily, has Auntie B gots some good stuff for you!

On the purse front. In the August issue of American Patchwork and Quilting is an adorable purse made from kitchen towels! I saw the pattern and had to make one. I went to the dollar store and bought 2 towels, then to joanns to get the handles (on sale of course!). Cost me less than $4 to make. I will have to make more! I will be using fat quarters this time, add pockets to the inside and put a bottom support in it.
My friend Mary Beth who owns the Quilt Shop that I teach at, has started a blog for her shop! Please stop by and read about Ms Violet Sugarwater and her Beez. http://www.violetsugarwater.blogspot.com/
Keep On Stitch'n On!
(mauh) Liz

1 comment:

Candace said...

congratulations to the new Mama. I love the purse, I need to get a copy of that magazine.