Tuesday, May 20, 2008

#9 for May



hiyall,


I promise, no whining today! Today I have a little tutorial on a flag pin for flag day! or any day to celebrate America. Flag Day is June 14th, yes I know, its a tad early. If you start now you will have them done in time for the 4th of July (grin)! I saw this little flag pin in a quilt magazine about a month after the 9/11 horror. The woman that created it was sending them out free to anyone who wanted one. It was to honor all Americans and the victims/suvivors of the tragedy of that day. I didn't send for one, I am crafty person who figured out to make one. I have also made these and sold them at work to raise money for a charity that we were sponsoring. The local Childrens Hospital. Super simple to make




Country Primitive Flag Pin.Its approx 1 1/2'' x 3'' finished


You will need the following supplies:




  1. One square 1 3/4" x 1 1/2" of mini star material


  2. One rectangle 1 3/4" x 2 1/2" red and white stripe material


  3. One rectangle 1 3/4" x 3 1/2" backing, I used a micro mini flag and stars


  4. one 1" bar pinback


  5. hot glue gun


* sew star block to stripe rectangle* with right sides together stitch all round rectangle leaving a small opening at the bottom.* turn inside out , press and slip stitch opening close * hot clue pinback to the back* sign and date!

Memorial Day is right around the corner, make one for the troops and show your support!

Keep On Stitch'n On!
(mauh) Liz

No comments: